2016 ARC How-to-Apply Workshop
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Southwest Virginia Higher Education
Center Executive Auditorium
On Tuesday, July 21, the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development will hold a how-to-apply workshop for the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) program. DHCD will provide information on applying for the 2016 ARC funding.
While there is no fee to attend, please be sure to register by Friday, July 17, so we may provide adequate meeting space. Light refreshments will be provided.
The focus of Virginia’s Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is fostering economic development and improving the quality of life for Appalachian citizens. The ARC provides assistance in the long-term development of a chronically-depressed region, which encompasses 25 counties and eight independent cities in Virginia.
ARC funding is directed to projects that include water and sewer service to communities, workforce training for skilled trades and professionals, regional economic restructuring efforts and heritage and cultural tourism. Other funds seek to build a strong and sustainable asset-based economy, bringing jobs and prosperity to Appalachian communities while preserving their character. Projects which address the leveraging of cultural assets, natural assets, community assets, structural assets and business and economic assets are eligible for funding, as are energy efficiency improvements as a part of an eligible project. The Virginia ARC program may also be available to help with the development of an access road to support the location or expansion of an industry.
Grassroots participation is encouraged, and eligible candidates include localities, planning district commissions (PDCs), educational institutions, health organization, nonprofit organizations and others.
- ARC Annual Strategy Statement
- Four Year Development Plan
- How to Apply Presentation
- Request for Proposals
- County Economic Status and Distressed Area Report
- LENOWISCO Planning District Commission
- Cumberland Plateau Planning District Commission
- Mount Rogers Planning District Commission
- New River Valley Planning District Commission
- Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission
- Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission
- Telecommunications Programs
- West Piedmont Planning District Commission