|Main Street Email
Please join us in celebrating a year's worth of entrepreneurship and investment in Virginia's 25 Designated Main Street Communities, which in 2013, included more than $36 million in private investment in downtown businesses and historic properties.
The Honorable Maurice A. Jones
Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade
Co-Founder Impact Investment Consulting, C’ville Central, Community Investment Collaborative and C’ville Coffee
The luncheon is $35 per person. Please register by Wednesday, March 5, 2014.
The Virginia Main Street Program is a preservation-based economic and community development program that follows the Main Street Four-Point Approach™ developed by the National Trust Main Street Center. Virginia Main Street offers a range of services and assistance to communities interested in revitalizing their historic commercial districts. While the program was designed to address the need for revitalization and on-going management of smaller to mid-sized downtowns, aspects of the Main Street Approach™ may be applied successfully in other commercial settings.
As resources allow, Virginia Main Street holds a competitive application period for historic commercial districts who wish to become Designated Virginia Main Street Communities. While VMS is not accepting applications at this time, VMS is always looking to work with any historic commercial district, regardless of their size and location.
All historic commercial districts that are interested in using the Main Street Four Point ApproachTM are eligible to become DHCD Commercial District Affiliate Partners.
- Virginia Main Street Program Guide
- Designated Virginia Main Street Communities
- DHCD Commercial District Affiliate Application
- VMS blog
- Revitalization Resources
- Virginia Main Street Downtown Improvement Grants
- Upcoming Workshops (2014 VMS Training Opportunities)
- January 23-24, 2014 – VMS Managers’ Retreat – Staunton, VA
- March 19, 2014 – Virginia Main Street Milestone Awards Luncheon – Richmond, VA
- July 16-17, 2014 – VMS Summer Toolkit – hosted by Downtown Farmville – Farmville, VA
- September 10-11, 2014 – VMS Essentials – hosted by Old Towne Development Board – Winchester, VA