- Developing projects that diversify local and regional economies, create jobs in new and/or existing industries, attract new sources of job-creating investment and provide a range of workforce services and skills training;
- Building partnerships to attract and invest in the economic future of coal-impacted communities;
- Increasing capacity and other technical assistance fostering long term economic growth and opportunity in coal-impacted communities.
DHCD State Building Code Office (SBCO) is pleased to announce the availability of the Manufactured Housing Installers Program (MHIP) now online through the Jack A Proctor Virginia Building Code Academy Knowledge Center. Completion of this program is required for all installers of manufactured homes in Virginia prior to application for the mandatory licensure issued by the VA Department of Professional Occupation and Regulation (DPOR).
Due to technical issues electronic payment for the program cannot be accepted at this time. After completing the training program users will be prompted to print the ‘attendance certificate’ necessary to receive ‘Completion verification’ required by DPOR.
Instructions for receiving the required ‘completion verification’.
1. Complete the On-line MHIP https://covkc.virginia.gov/dhcd/vbca. Instructions for accessing the VBCA KC and establishing a user account
2. Follow instructions to print the Attendance certificate
3. Mail attendance certificate and $50 fee (check made payable to the Treasurer of Virginia) to:
600 E. Main Street, Suite 300
Richmond, VA 23219
For problems with the Knowledge Center or questions regarding the Manufactured Housing Installers Program please contact the State Building Code Office at (804) 371-7150