The Virginia Balance of State Continuum of Care (CoC) is a collaborative and inclusive community-based process for planning and managing homeless assistance resources and services effectively and efficiently to end homelessness in the 51 localities that make up the Balance of State CoC.
The purpose of the CoC is to assist in the coordination, development and evaluation of services and housing for homeless and at risk of homeless persons with housing needs through planning, education and advocacy. To achieve this purpose, the CoC will seek to:
- Increase access to permanent housing through rapid re-housing and permanent supportive housing
- Identify housing needs of those at risk of facing homelessness
- Evaluate performance of services within the Balance of State through data collection and analysis
- Increase access to other mainstream sources to promote housing stability
Balance of State CoC Documents
- Balance of State Governance Charter
- Balance of State Map
- 2013 CoC Application
- Continuum of Care (CoC) Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for Federal Fiscal Years 2013 and 2014.
- 2013 CoC Competition timeline
- 2013 funding priorities
- CoC application appeals process
- Ranking Committee process and recommendation
- BoS CoC Collaborative application for Federal Fiscal Years 2013 and 2014