The Affordable Housing and Special Needs (ASNH) Housing Program fills gaps in financing the development of new and rehabilitated affordable and special needs housing for low-income Virginians. While these programs are statewide, the program gives priority to projects outside those areas receiving a direct federal HOME allocation through a local PJ or HOME consortium. Assistance is most often provided as permanent financing.
Applicants include nonprofit or for-profit housing developers, CHDOs and public housing authorities seeking to develop affordable housing projects in Virginia.
Eligible project costs include new construction, rehabilitation and acquisition of affordable homebuyer and rental units and must include at least five units.
Applications are accepted quarterly and are due March 31, June 30, Sep. 30 and Dec. 30.
- Affordable and Special Needs Housing Program Guidelines
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
- Housing Rehabilitation Standards
- HOME Rental Project Monitoring System
- Lead Safe Housing Policies and Procedures
- Environmental Review Policies and Procedures
- Uniform Relocation Act: Acquisition and Relocation
- Section 3 Policies and Procedures
- Federal Labor Standards Policies and Procedures
- Section 504 Procedures
- HOME Rental Compliance: Guide for Property Owners
- HOME Rental Compliance: Property Manager Training
- Virginia Housing Development Authority
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- The Enterprise Foundation
- National Development Council
- Affordable and Special Needs Housing Programs Application Instructions
- Affordable and Special Needs Housing 2014-2015 How to Apply Presentation
- Green-Building and Energy Efficiency Credit List for Rehab
- Green-Building and Energy Efficiency Credit List for New Construction
- Homebuyer Development Sources and Uses
- HOME Rental Underwriting Template
- Multi-family Supplemental URA Appendix