The final regulations for the 2012 Virginia code update process have been published in the April 7, 2014 Virginia Register. The publication of the regulations starts a 30-day final period, and any petitions for reconsideration, which may be filed, will be identified at the May meeting of the Board of Housing and Community Development. The effective date of the 2012 Virginia Codes will be July 14, 2014. Code sections under petition may be suspended as necessary until resolution. The regulations published in the Virginia Register can be found here.
These regulations are the culmination of a two-year process, which included 12 work group meetings of a wide array of stakeholders from various organizations, industries and agencies participated. In addition to the workgroup meetings, there were eight sub-work groups that worked on specific technical issues before they were vetted at the work group meetings.
You will find information outlining the typical steps of the code change cycle process for updating building and fire regulations in the linked document Code Change Process.
2012 Code Publications and Regulations
- 2012 Related Laws Package
- 2012 Virginia Industrialized Building Safety Regulations
- 2012 Virginia Maintenance Code
- 2012 Virginia Amusement Device Regulations
- 2012 Virginia Construction Code
- 2012 Virginia Rehabilitation Code
- 2012 Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code
- 2009 Supplement and Errata Publication
- 2009 Virginia Amusement Device Regulations
- 2009 Virginia Construction Code (USBC, Part I)
- 2009 Virginia Industrialized Buildings Safety Regulations
- 2009 Virginia Rehabilitation Code (USBC, Part II)
- 2009 Virginia Maintenance Code (USBC, Part III)
- 2009 Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code
- 2009 Related Laws Package