The updating of the Division of Building and Fire Regulations codes is undertaken when new nationally-recognized model building and fire codes become available. Since the 2000 editions of the codes, the International Code Council’s I-Codes have served as the basis for Virginia’s building and fire regulations. The Board of Housing and Community Development is about to begin the process for the 2012 code change cycle, which will include proposals for inclusion in the 2012 editions of the codes. A schedule and overview of the code change process is provided, as well as copies of board packages, actual proposals and other related information will be provided as they become available.
You will find information outlining the typical steps of the code change cycle process for updating building and fire regulations in the linked document Code Change Process.
- 2009 Supplement and Errata Publication
- 2009 Virginia Amusement Device Regulations
- 2009 Virginia Construction Code (USBC, Part I)
- 2009 Virginia Industrialized Buildings Safety Regulations
- 2009 Virginia Rehabilitation Code (USBC, Part II)
- 2009 Virginia Maintenance Code (USBC, Part III)
- 2009 Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code
- 2009 Related Laws Package