The RMRP will provide financial assistance on behalf of renters and mortgage holders who meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid lease or mortgage statement in their name or other documentation confirming the landlord-tenant relationship; and
- Have experienced a loss of income due to the Coronavirus pandemic including but not limited to:
- Those who have been laid off;
- Those whose place of employment has closed;
- Those who have experienced a reduction in hours of work;
- Those who must stay home to care for children due to closure of day care and/or school;
- Those who have lost child or spousal support;
- Those who have not been able to work or missed hours due to contracting COVID-19;
- Those who have been unable to find work due to COVID-19; or
- Those whose are unwilling or unable to participate in their previous employment due to their high risk of severe illness from COVID-19; and
- Have a rent or mortgage amount that is at or below 150% Fair Market Rent (FMR)
- Have a gross household income at or below 80% area median income (AMI) (based on current month’s income). From June 29, 2020 through July 20, 2020, programs will prioritize households with a current gross household income at or below 50 percent AMI. The determination of income includes any unemployment insurance received by a member of the household but does not include one-time payments such as a stimulus check.
To check your eligibility, click here.