About the application process
- Phase 1 applications were due to HUD on March 27, 2015.
- HUD notified the commonwealth that it has advanced to Phase II.
- Proposals are due to HUD by Oct. 27, 2015
- All public input must be received by Oct. 21, 2015
- HUD anticipates taking up to 60 days after the phase two submissions before announcing awards
- HUD must obligate the funds (sign a grant agreement) by Sept. 30, 2017
- Grantees will have 24 months to expend the funds after obligation.
The commonwealth anticipates that the pilot project(s) will meet at least one of the three national objectives required of HUD CDBG funding: elimination of slum and blight, benefit to low- and moderate-income (LMI) persons and/or urgent need. The state will prioritize activities that benefit the LMI population. Low- and moderate-income is up to 80 percent of the area median income by family size.
The following modifications constitute a substantial amendment requiring HUD approval: any change to the phase one or phase two application that would result in a change of more than five points in the score for capacity or soundness of approach factors, any change to the most impacted and distressed target area(s), any change in program benefit, beneficiaries, or eligibility criteria, the allocation or re-allocation of more than $1 million, or the addition or deletion of an eligible activity.